Wednesday 17 April 2013

Getting Started!

Okay so with our new idea in place we needed to create a character, this was my job, in this post I will show you the starting stages of my design process.
Here is the body anatomy (front view) we wanted a cartoon style and this is the style we went for, the large head approach, I am happy with what the anatomy looks like.

This is a colour test, the shading technique is the same style as our reference, Viewtiful Joe (see image at end of post). the shading style makes strong back shadows with white areas within them, it gives a powerful effect, at this stage we wasn't sure if we was going to use it due to difficulty but after this test I was able to see that it was easier than originally believed.

Here is the first level of our character design, due to the nature of the game we wanted a nerdy looking character, in this design he has all the stereotypical nerd clothing.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment